At Vueling, we love things to happen. We always try to go one step further and do it better. More than a job – it's a way of life.
That's why we work together as a team made up of talented and passionate people, collaborating, supporting and complementing each other.
We are one of Europe’s leading low-cost airlines, with special relevance in the Spanish domestic market, as well as in France and Italy.
Plan, coordinate and carry out the People (HR) management of a country in line with the Company’s strategy and policies in order to support the local management in all HR related matters.
- Review and advice on the correct implementation of the local (outsourced) payroll and personnel transactional administration.
- Plan, organise, advice on and execute the local labour relations acting as the main liaison with the local trade unions.
- Act as the local People business partner.
- Act as the local single point of contact for all HR related matters for employees in coordination with the line managers, employee contact centres and specialist HR instances.
Main Responsibilities - Tasks
- Provide hands-on HR support and guidance to business leaders and managers.
- Oversee personnel administration and ensure compliance with labor laws and company policies.
- Act as the main point of contact between management and employees, facilitating effective communication and conflict resolution.
- Collaborate with the CSE (Comité Social et Économique) and engage in constructive negotiations with unions.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments to ensure compliance with labor laws and company policies.
- Address international HR matters and navigate a multicultural work environment.
Liaise with the local labour and social security authorities to assure the necessary local compliance and resolve labour related issues.
- Plan, organise, coordinate, and document the local periodic meetings with trade unions as well as follow up on agreed actions.
- Advice on local legislation on labour issues as well as act as the main liaison with the local labour legal advisors.
- Manage disciplinary actions.
- Manage individual and/ or collective employment conflicts including the settlement and the litigations in coordination with external legal advice and internal line and corporate HR functions.
- Coordinate all Staff talent acquisition processes to assure the sourcing of the right talent in the country. Support crew recruitment processes when needed.
- Facilitate the correct execution of all HR processes: transactions and changes, promotions, disciplinary actions, performance management, training and development, compensation, and benefits, etc.
- Provide guidance, advice, and coaching to local people managers on all HR related matters while ensuring the compliance with the Company’s strategy and policies.
- Local line managers.
- HR corporate HRBPs.
- HR specialist departments: labour relations, talent management, and C&B.
- HR Administration and payroll.
- HQ Operations: Flight Operations and Cabin Crew offices.
- Local trade union representatives.
- Local labour and social security authorities.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Labour Law and/or Labour Relations – required.
- Master degree (ideally in HR, labour relations) - ideally.
- International exchange program - ideally.
- Strong legal background and expertise in labor law and personnel administration.
- Proven experience in a hands-on HR role, managing labor topics and negotiating with unions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct HR audits and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment is advantageous.
Make it happen: action and results oriented, accountable, decisive.
- Make it better: learning and growth mindset, self-development, constant improvement and forward thinker.
- Make it cost (and efficient) focused: financial acumen, manages complexity, resourceful
- Make it customer oriented: instils trust, manages conflict, balances stakeholders
- Win together: collaboration, interpersonal savvy, inclusive and a good communicator.
- English (advanced level).
- French (advanced level).
- Desirably, Spanish.
Orly Airport, Department of Essone (91).
People Manager 4
🟡 Unlock the power of join us
Every single person who works with us is unique. And we want your experience of working at Vueling to be just as unique. Our employee value proposition and benefits include staff travel, discounts, flexible working model and much more! Want to learn more? Click here .
🟡 Our Culture
We thrive on teamwork and collaboration. Joining our team means being part of a cohesive unit that works together, shares knowledge, and supports each other.
Our positive working atmosphere is unique to us and essential to our productivity and growth. You'll be surrounded by like-minded dynamic professionals. We are passionate about what we do: Connecting People and Places! Learn more about our Mission, Vision & Values .
🟡 Our Recruitment Process
Your experience as a candidate is key for us. We firmly believe that understanding our process will alleviate anxiety and ignite your passion for this extraordinary experience! Take a closer look at how our process works .