At Vueling, we love things to happen. We always try to go one step further and do it better. More than a job – it's a way of life.
That's why we work together as a team made up of talented and passionate people, collaborating, supporting and complementing each other.
We are one of Europe’s leading low-cost airlines, with special relevance in the Spanish domestic market, as well as in France and Italy.
In Vueling we are looking for a “Fleet Support Engineer” who will be part of Vueling Maintenance Department. The successful candidate will be in charge of 24/7 monitoring of aircraft technical status, deferred defect and repetitive failures control, troubleshooting and engineering support.
The “Fleet Support Engineer” is part of the Maintenance Operations Center (MOC) and works side by side with the “MOC Engineers” to recover AOG (Aircraft On Ground) and minimize delays due to technical reasons, and with the “MOC Short Term Planning Engineers to give assistance into the scheduling on a daily basis. The role reports to the MOC manager, Head of Maintenance operations and ultimately to the Technical Director.
- Is responsible to provide immediate real time expert advice and guidance on interpretation of the MEL dispatch and technical troubleshooting.
- Ensure that the fleet status is correctly reported with all the limitations and restrictions of the fleet with all the information of deferred defects correctly introduced and controlled in AMOS
- Track and analyze repetitive and recurring defects across the fleet.
- Monitor all deferred defects across the fleet on a daily basis and ensure plans are in place to rectify each within the allowed time limit.
- Monitor and follow-up trough SHM and SPM (Aircraft maintenance analysis), in order to propose necessary actions to rectify findings and areas of non-compliance.
- Pursue of opened deferred items in Trouble shooting Liaised with flight crews & maintenance suppliers in order to understand and advise on technical arising's.
- Is responsible to ensure fleet reliability.
- Manage technical consultations with manufacturers: Airbus, IAE, CFM, Collins, etc.
- Is responsible of Engineering support and troubleshooting
Main Responsibilities - Tasks
Actively collaborate with all VLG technical department teams, Operations control Centre, Flight Ops department and external MROs
- Hold University degree qualification in an aviation stream or Hold an EASA B1 and/or B2 Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License on A320 family a/c
- Exposure to a Maintenance Operation Centre environment.
- Minimum of 3 year experience in a Heavy or Line Maintenance environment on company aircraft as an AME or equivalent/or having 3 years of experience within MCC/MOC functions;
- Strong communication skills and ability to read, write & fluently speak both the Spanish & English languages with all levels within a team
- Demonstrate knowledge of PART 145/ PART M regulatory framework;
- Understanding of OEM data
- Understanding of a digital health monitoring Systems (e.g. Airman web, Skywise, Aviatar);
- Advanced knowledge of MS office environment;
- Knowledge of AMOS and AIMS
- Ability to work collaboratively and under stress environment
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong business acumen and negotiation skills;
- Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Timetable flexibility and availability
- English: C1 B2 is absolute minimum requirement)
- Willing to work on shifts (T24H)
- Exposure to regulatory bodies;
- Project management experience;
- Analytical ability using IT platforms (Excel);
🟡 Unlock the power of join us
Every single person who works with us is unique. And we want your experience of working at Vueling to be just as unique. Our employee value proposition and benefits include staff travel, discounts, flexible working model and much more! Want to learn more? Click here .
🟡 Our Culture
We thrive on teamwork and collaboration. Joining our team means being part of a cohesive unit that works together, shares knowledge, and supports each other.
Our positive working atmosphere is unique to us and essential to our productivity and growth. You'll be surrounded by like-minded dynamic professionals. We are passionate about what we do: Connecting People and Places! Learn more about our Mission, Vision & Values .
🟡 Our Recruitment Process
Your experience as a candidate is key for us. We firmly believe that understanding our process will alleviate anxiety and ignite your passion for this extraordinary experience! Take a closer look at how our process works .