At Vueling, we love things to happen. We always try to go one step further and do it better. More than a job – it's a way of life.
That's why we work together as a team made up of talented and passionate people, collaborating, supporting and complementing each other.
We are one of Europe’s leading low-cost airlines, with special relevance in the Spanish domestic market, as well as in France and Italy.
Multi skillsets Specialist in aircraft Maintenance Materials & Supply Chain, including material provisioning, planning and sourcing, maintenance repair contracts with MRO suppliers, etc..
Be an active player of the change management, manage control tools and indicators, all above to support the cost discipline and operations of Vueling Maintenance and Engineering department.
The selected candidate would be initially trained to start its main assignments on some of the domains listed herebelow (for example: materials provisioning, or materials sourcing, or materials returns & repairs, etc..). Thereafter, she/he may be invited to lead on the other supply chain domains also listed herebelow, hence benefiting from dynamic opportunities to embrace cross-functional experiences and a career development path through the different domains of the Supply Chain Management.
Main Responsibilities - Tasks
MATERIAL PROVISIONING & PLANNING :
- Lead and continuously update materials provisioning requirements, in particular rotable assets, through the provisioning mathematical model approved by the Department.
- Ensure close coordination with Repair teams and Reliability department.
- Ensure that all rotables, consumables and expendables are available for aircraft line maintenance (scheduled and unscheduled), as well as for aircraft base maintenance checks. Ensure stocks replenishment as required and in accordance with procedures.
- Maintaining stock levels according to the Vueling’s supply chain management policies. Lead the material planning for line maintenance outstations.
- Source assets and parts to meet the operational needs of the airline. Ensure Quality standards and cost effectiveness through the use of existing supply chain agreements.
- Supplier management: registration, technical and commercial clarifications, orders and invoices follow up (including approvals, disputes, rejections) and escalations when needed.
- Coordination with other internal stakeholders (i.e. returns, repairs teams) to establish priorities, avoid order duplications, accelerate repairs if operationally needed.
- Align material delivery with maintenance plan requirements, minimizing stocks and non-productive times.
- Ensure close coordination with Repairs team in order to minimise spend.
COMPONENTS RETURNS & REPAIR MANAGEMENT:
- Lead with MRO repair vendors for efficient components repair workflow, including cost, repair Turnaround time and Quality standards.
- Manage existing components repair agreements (Time & material, Fixed Price, Power by the hour).
- Manage the return workflow of unserviceable components from aircraft heavy maintenance and from line maintenance stations.
- Optimise own stock utilisation and return to service to avoid additional costs.
- Repair shop reports review, evaluation and acceptance, with support from Technical Services team if required.
- Ensure close coordination with Procurement teams.
CONTRACTS & PROJECTS MANAGEMENT:
- Enforce contractual terms in relation to supply chain agreements (e.g: Parts sourcing & MRO repairs & exchanges). Close coordination with other Vueling’s departments (Maintenance, Technical Services, Vendor Management, Reliability, Finance).
- Initiate and lead claims and warranties until resolution, and in coordination with Finance’ Vendor Management team where applicable.
- Lead the flow of materials for aircraft heavy checks events, in close coordination with material planning and sourcing.
- Lead on new cross-functional projects which may be assigned from time to time. within the Department for innovation and supply chain continuous improvement.
- Any other tasks pertaining to the aircraft Supply Chain Management domains and which may be assigned by the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferable in Aeronautical) or in the following domains: Business Administration, Aviation Management, Logistics (with economics and project management skills).
- At least two years of experience in one of the domains listed hereabove.
- Other candidates not having such experience may also be considered, but depending on candidates’ profiles assessment, may then be required to have a temporary placement for experience development of about 18 months at the materials aog (aircraft on ground) desk. A separate job description for this temporary placement will be communicated to those other candidates, such temporary placement at the aog desk would require shift work.
- Ability and willingness to develop herself/himself across the multiple disciplines of the aircraft Maintenance Supply Chain
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office - Strong Excel skills
- Technological skills
- Good spoken and written communications.
- Good analytics with a solution-orientation and customer service mindset.
- Dynamic and flexible
- Curious and hungry to learn
- Creative thinking
- Strong communication skills and ability to read, write & fluently speak both the Spanish & English languages.
- Supply chain and logistic operations
- Material planning and optimization
- Knowledge of aircraft systems
- Experience in aircraft MRO contracts and OEM parts supply would be a strong plus.
- Ability to work & learn Aviation ERPs (experience in working with the AMOS system would be a plus)
Barcelona airport area: Viladecans (Vueling headquarters) and El Prat de Llobregat (Vueling airport maintenance facility).
🟡 Unlock the power of join us
Every single person who works with us is unique. And we want your experience of working at Vueling to be just as unique. Our employee value proposition and benefits include staff travel, discounts, flexible working model and much more! Want to learn more? Click here .
🟡 Our Culture
We thrive on teamwork and collaboration. Joining our team means being part of a cohesive unit that works together, shares knowledge, and supports each other.
Our positive working atmosphere is unique to us and essential to our productivity and growth. You'll be surrounded by like-minded dynamic professionals. We are passionate about what we do: Connecting People and Places! Learn more about our Mission, Vision & Values .
🟡 Our Recruitment Process
Your experience as a candidate is key for us. We firmly believe that understanding our process will alleviate anxiety and ignite your passion for this extraordinary experience! Take a closer look at how our process works .