At Vueling, we love things to happen. We always try to go one step further and do it better. More than a job – it's a way of life.
That's why we work together as a team made up of talented and passionate people, collaborating, supporting and complementing each other.
We are one of Europe’s leading low-cost airlines, with special relevance in the Spanish domestic market, as well as in France and Italy.
Sustainability is one of the central elements of Vueling's mission and vision.
The Sustainability Specialist is accountable for transversal sustainability coordination within Vueling, being the engine of the change and assuring there is alignment between related initiatives, including compliance with all current and future sustainability regulations, including adaptation, reporting and labelling. This specialist will also help drive the ongoing Sustainability Plan, studies, and transversal alignment and support the Communications Department, reporting to the Director of Sustainability & aero political affairs.
- Is accountable for transversal sustainability coordination within Vueling, being the engine of the change and assuring there is alignment between related initiatives.
- Accountable to support and be aligned with the Communications Department (Comms, CSR & Public Affairs) and that includes area budget and cost management (manage the budget of the area in a cost focus way) and project management (ensure the development of assigned projects in a timely and quality manner).
Main Responsibilities - Tasks
- Support the Vueling Sustainability Program
- Effectively control and report the overall status of the program to ensure that the Sustainability strategic objectives are accomplished.
- Adapt internal procedures and controls on new legal sustainability regulations (CSRD, TFCD, Taxonomy etc.)
- Position Vueling at the top of the Sustainability Rankings by implementing new initiatives that will allow Vueling to reach Net Zero by 2050.
- Coordinate with other departments and IAG Sustainability Initiatives and Reporting
- Director of Sustainability & Aeropolitical affairs
- Chief Communications Officer
- Communications & Public Affairs Department
- Operations Department
- People Department
- Commercial, Customer & Network Department
- Must be able to interact with and present to all levels of management
- Graduate Degree (mandatory), preferably in Engineering with Knowledge in Finance, business, management, economics or statistics.
A minimum of 2+ years of progressive consulting experience or corporate strategy
development experience preferred.
- Transformation/Change Leadership/Project Management Expertise
- Experience in Consulting firms positively valued
- Experience working on projects and planning
- Demonstrates dedication to high-quality design and execution
- Outstanding organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strategic Thinking/Problem Solving Expertise
- Proven ability to identify problems and opportunities and lead others through
organized approaches to solutions
- Ability to see the big picture and link things together (system thinking).
- Ability to handle complex issues and work at a fast pace
- Ability to involve the right people at the right time to drive timely and effective
- Must have strong interpersonal & collaboration skills
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills (PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate large and complex issues in a structured and concise
- English: C1
- Spanish: C1
- Other languages will be valued.
Viladecans - Barcelona
Individual Contributor 5
🟡 Unlock the power of join us
Every single person who works with us is unique. And we want your experience of working at Vueling to be just as unique. Our employee value proposition and benefits include staff travel, discounts, flexible working model and much more! Want to learn more? Click here.
🟡 Our Culture
We thrive on teamwork and collaboration. Joining our team means being part of a cohesive unit that works together, shares knowledge, and supports each other.
Our positive working atmosphere is unique to us and essential to our productivity and growth. You'll be surrounded by like-minded dynamic professionals. We are passionate about what we do: Connecting People and Places! Learn more about our Mission, Vision & Values.
🟡 Our Recruitment Process
Your experience as a candidate is key for us. We firmly believe that understanding our process will alleviate anxiety and ignite your passion for this extraordinary experience! Take a closer look at how our process works.