At Vueling, we love things to happen. We always try to go one step further and do it better. More than a job – it's a way of life.
That's why we work together as a team made up of talented and passionate people, collaborating, supporting and complementing each other.
We are one of Europe’s leading low-cost airlines, with special relevance in the Spanish domestic market, as well as in France and Italy.
As part of the Commercial Business Intelligence team, you will be at the heart of our continuous effort to analyze commercial performance and generate insights that will help us deliver strong results for our shareholders and customers.
You will have exposure to the senior leadership of the CCNS (Commercial, Customer, Network & Strategy) organization and be able to have a material impact on our business.
The role will give you visibility into all aspects of the commercial function of an airline, from pricing and revenue forecasting to marketing and competitive analysis.
The Commercial Insights Analyst is accountable for supporting the Commercial Insights team in
- Providing insights to the CCNS team on revenue performance and identifying drivers of over- and underperformance across routes, markets, sales channels and customer segments.
- Reporting commercial performance to key stakeholders, including Vueling’s CEO and Management Committee, as well as the broader IAG group.
- Delivering a challenging but realistic revenue and cost forecast for the CCNS organization.
- Acting as the single source of truth for revenue and sales data.
Main Responsibilities - Tasks
The Commercial Insights Analyst is responsible for
- Conducting insightful analyses using internal and external data (e.g. competitors, revenue, customer, product, market) to identify drivers of performance and recommend business decisions.
- Working effectively with cross-functional teams, analyzing all aspects of commercial performance.
- Cooperating with our data team to build centralized reports and dashboards used by the broader commercial team for daily management of their business areas.
- Developing trend analysis and predictive modeling tools to support the different financial planning processes.
- Communicating findings and recommendations to senior leadership in a clear and compelling manner.
The Commercial Insights team works closely together with all teams in the CCNS department and its leaders, in particular Revenue Management, Ancillaries, Network, Ecommerce and Sales. They also function as a trusted source of insights for the Chief CCNS Officer.
Outside of the CCNS department, the Commercial Insights analyst works with Vueling’s Data team as well as the Finance organization. Externally, they will work with the IAG strategy team and data suppliers.
- Degree in quantitative disciplines such as Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Analytics, Statistics.
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role (ideally in commercial analysis or consulting)
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to gather the correct information, run smart analyses and draw logical conclusions.
- Solid problem-solving skills, translating pain points into data driven decisions/recommendations.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Team player with solid interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Comfortable multitasking and dealing with multiple projects/tasks/teams.
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint and quick learner when it comes to data analysis and visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Alteryx, SQL, Power BI.
- Interest in airline/travel industry.
- English: B2.
- Spanish is a plus.
Individual Contributor 5 - TEC
🟡 Unlock the power of join us
Every single person who works with us is unique. And we want your experience of working at Vueling to be just as unique. Our employee value proposition and benefits include staff travel, discounts, flexible working model and much more! Want to learn more? Click here .
🟡 Our Culture
We thrive on teamwork and collaboration. Joining our team means being part of a cohesive unit that works together, shares knowledge, and supports each other.
Our positive working atmosphere is unique to us and essential to our productivity and growth. You'll be surrounded by like-minded dynamic professionals. We are passionate about what we do: Connecting People and Places! Learn more about our Mission, Vision & Values .
🟡 Our Recruitment Process
Your experience as a candidate is key for us. We firmly believe that understanding our process will alleviate anxiety and ignite your passion for this extraordinary experience! Take a closer look at how our process works .